Finished Tripod Mug




1.) The process: take a ball of clay and roll it out on the slab roller. Measure out how tall your piece is and how wide it is but multiply that width by 3. Cut out the rectangle. Then, smooth it out. I did a sort of plastic texture mold for my texture, so I did that on the whole thing when it was flat. Then I made it into a cylinder and did a triangle for the bottom with my hands to shape it into the feet. Close the triangle all the way and put a ball of clay over to cover the middle. Then I made the handle out of a coil of clay and shaped it into the kind of handle I wanted and then scored and slipped to attach the handle. I added scratches that were supposed to look like fire and it was time for it to fire. Once it was fired, I added two layers of purple and orange glaze and then it was fired again. That's how we got to what you see today!
2.) I made a basic handle and I made it by rolling out a coil of clay and shaping it into my desired shape.
3.) I found my texture to be slightly successful, but I would make sure to check for holes on the bottom next time because there is a tiny hole on the bottom and now I can't drink out of it.
4.) Clay Slab- A ball of clay rolled out flat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texture Exploration